This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010)
|Founded||Shediac, New Brunswick (1968 )|
|Headquarters||264 Botsford Street|
Moncton, New Brunswick
|Bernard Imbeault (FCEO)|
Number of employees
|Parent||MTY Food Group|
Pizza Delight is a Canadian pizza restaurant franchise. It was founded in 1968 in Shediac, New Brunswick by Léandre Bourque and Allard Robichaud and then later purchased by Bernard Imbeault and two of his friends. The chain's head offices are now located in Moncton. The restaurant primarily serves pizza, pasta and salad dishes. Today, it has over 70 restaurants, and operates in Ontario and the Atlantic provinces, with almost half of its locations in New Brunswick.
In 2000, Pizza Delight purchased Mikes, a prominent chain in Quebec and Ontario, for $15 million. Further acquisitions followed; the company acquired Scores in 2005, and Bâton Rouge in 2006. In 2006, it changed its name to Imvescor, to reflect its larger stable of restaurants. At its peak, the company owned and operated over 350 restaurants across Canada under four different banners. These included:
- "Le vrai roi du resto". www.lactualite.com (in French). Rogers Média. July 31, 2009. Retrieved December 21, 2014.
- "Allard Robichaud (-2013)".
- "Pizza Delight gobbles up Mikes Restaurant - Business - CBC News". Cbc.ca. 2000-10-19. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
- "Pizza Delight Corporation Ltd. announces name change". www.newswire.ca. Archived from the original on 2018-04-26. Retrieved 2018-04-25.
- "MTY Food Group signs deal to buy Imvescor Restaurant Group for $248 million | CBC News". CBC. Retrieved 2018-04-25.